What is SOVVA
- SOVVA (Slovak Organization for Research and Development Activities) is a non-governmental civic organization and the only organization of its kind in Slovakia which supports activities oriented on science, research and innovation.
- It was founded in March 2007 by enthusiasts who particularly care about the fate of Slovak science. We believe that the focus on research, development and innovation is the only way how to ensure a further successful development of the Slovak economy and society and to improve quality of life for all of us.
- SOVVA works with hundreds of Slovak scientists and dozens of research institutions from academia, industry, government, local self-government and foreign institutions.
Who is SOVVA
- The basic building block of SOVVA is a competent and experienced management team. These experts are working in the field of management education, science, technology and innovation policy in Slovakia for many years and they dispose unique know-how. It is also a guarantee of quality and effective implementation of SOVVA projects.
- SOVVA is also integrating element in the Slovak science and technology ecosystem and hundreds of Slovak scientists from both academia and industry both from Slovakia and from abroad participate on its activities.
Activities of SOVVA
SOVVA specializes on comprehensive solutions and services for R&D institutions and companies active in the field of research, development and innovation.
The main areas of SOVVA activities:
- support for unique scientific infrastructure building, such as competence centres, science parks, regional innovative clusters;
- independent assessment and analysis of the state science and technology policy;
- transfer of knowledge and technologies into practice;
- promotion of cooperation between academia and the private sector;
- information and analytical services for scientists and companies;
- training and education in research, development and innovation;
- promotion of international S&T cooperation with special emphasis on the European Research Area;
- PR of research and development and activities aimed to increase the prestige of science and technology in society.
Our activities can be divided into the following areas:
1. Documents and opinions
- Legislation in the field of science and technology policy
- Legislation in the field of innovation policy
- Conceptual documents on science and technology policy
- Conceptual documents on innovation policy
- Conceptual documents related to R&D funding from EU Structural Funds
2. The prestige of science in society
- Seminars and trainings in the field of promotion of science in society
- Development of activities such as science shops which bring science closer to society
- Support for increase in social prestige of researchers - with special regard to the young generation of scientists through the opening up of various competitions and award of prizes (e.g. with the help of the civic association sponsors the award of scholarships to students or young scientists or financial/material gifts)
- Services in the events of pan-European nature such as "Researchers' Night" or "European Science Week"
- National events and competitions aimed on bringing science to society and elimination of barriers between them
3. Training and conferences
- Seminars and courses for employees of R&D institutions in the required specific fields
- Lifelong learning for employees of R&D institutions in the required specific fields
- E-learning services in the required specific areas
- Publishing of brochures and other types of printed materials as information sources for researchers in different areas
4. Partnerships and cooperation
- Creation of higher education programmes for society and the private sector needs
- Support of academic research teams creation for private sector needs
- Networking events aimed on academia and private sector
- Support of commercialization activities in the field of research and development
- Support of discussion platforms creation for the needs of research, private and public sector interaction
- Promotion of international cooperation in research and development linked on regional development
Further information about SOVVA: www.sovva.sk.